Any user ever notice pp taking money from account?

adzy1981
Contributor
Contributor

Any user ever notice pp taking money from account?

I have been an ebay/PP user for about ten years now.

Every once in a while I see them take funds directly from my account (or not place the money I have received in my account) a total of maybe 4 or 5 times so far

Do any of you other members notice anything like this.

My Mother also runs a B&B and gets paid sometimes, by the customer from paypal & I noticed recently, that she had a request for £238 from her Bank account, even though she does not know how to do this (she is old fashioned and I handle those things for her) the payment remains in a "pending" state even though the money has left her bank account (Checked this on her statement) and there is no sign of it moving anywhere.

If I were you members you should look closely at refunds, debits or pending payments, as I am sure it happens alot.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adzy1981 

Could be any number of reasons, from our forgetfulness, to failure to review properly the funding source, speeding through checking out, to all out billing errors and/or even fraud (hacked PayPal account or compromised financial info used at merchants that process payments by PayPal).

Have to keep an eye out like a hawk.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adzy1981 

Could be any number of reasons, from our forgetfulness, to failure to review properly the funding source, speeding through checking out, to all out billing errors and/or even fraud (hacked PayPal account or compromised financial info used at merchants that process payments by PayPal).

Have to keep an eye out like a hawk.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.