Another provider has already secured a PPP loan for your business/organization

NetworkMakers
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys - 

I have a quick question - we have submitted a PPP application to SBA through PayPal, and have just received the following email note: 

=== Begin Quote===

Thank you for applying for the Paycheck Protection Program Loan through PayPal.  
We submitted your completed application to the SBA and have received a response from the SBA indicating another provider has already secured a PPP loan for your business/organization. Each business entity can only receive one PPP loan. Therefore, we will not be able to continue the processing of your loan application.
If you do not have an approved Paycheck Protection Program Loan through another provider, please click here to provide your feedback so that we can follow-up as appropriate.
=== End Quote===

Since we have only ever submitted one PPP application - through PayPal - we are a bit confused and concerned. Does anyone else have an idea what is going on and what we can do? Do we need to be concerned about identity fraud?

We would be grateful for any response. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

Daw13
Contributor
Contributor
We received same message today and also only applied through PayPal. We provided feedback that we hadn’t applied elsewhere but aren’t sure what to do next.
Login to Me Too

Hart3118
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. I only applied through PayPal and I received this notification. 

Login to Me Too

Stschand
Contributor
Contributor
I received the same email 2 hours ago and only applied through PayPal. I can’t find a number to contact anyone either.
Login to Me Too

Stschand
Contributor
Contributor
Update: Based on the advice of a Facebook group, I emailed the Loans Program Lead for my local SBA office to inquire and was told my loan was submitted by PayPal and approved yesterday. I was also given the loan number, which I used to register on the SBA portal https://caweb.sba.gov/cls/dsp_addcustomer.cfm For now it says the funds haven't been disbursed. I’ll update if I actually do receive the money. I’m still looking for a way to contact PayPal and sort this out.
Login to Me Too

nevian
Contributor
Contributor

what exactly did you write in your email?

Login to Me Too

Stschand
Contributor
Contributor
I mentioned the email from PayPal and asked which bank has my loan and the loan number. I gave my business name, address and EIN.
Login to Me Too

Aldais
Contributor
Contributor

Me too! I’m so frustrated because I know in few days PPP program will run out of funds again. I hope this email was sent out randomly or by mistake to all applicants.

Login to Me Too

RBernard-69
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I got the same email today. I need SBA to let me know who submitted this application in my business and my name;  and when was this application submitted and approved ?  How much was it approved for ? What is the name of the provider and what bank account will these funds be deposited in?  I hope my identity has not been stolen. 

Login to Me Too

AgentAaron
Contributor
Contributor

I received the same email last night (May 3rd 9:17 PM). 

"We submitted your completed application to the SBA and have received a response from the SBA indicating another provider has already secured a PPP loan for your business/organization."

My situation would appear the same as everyone else here, I only applied once through the Paypal/Loan Builder.

I hope this is just an internal issue with Paypal inadvertently submitted out applications multiple times. If not, a 1 question survey is not sufficient. In a time where millions of people are out of work, we are relying on these loans to keep us afloat until the government allows up to get back to work.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.