Am i being scammed

Bperki
Contributor
Contributor

I advertised a sofa for sale i got areply from a guy who said he would pay by paypal it was for 100 he said he works off shore .

So had to pay a courior 300 to collect it  however he coudnt pay them as had problems with his bank so he said he has transfered 400 to my paypay and asked that i transfer 3p0 to this courior by bank transaction .

Now im getting emails suposidly from pay pal to say they have recieved 400 but it is on holld till i confirm ive transfered the 300 then they will release the money .

There is nothing showing on my paypay account and i do wonder why anyone would pay 300 for a courior to fetch a 300 pound sofa 

This was advertised on gumtree

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bperki 

Yes, its a scam. Next.

Anything about working off shore on an oil rig or for the military or currently traveling on business, some other sob story, etc

If the person really paid, you will see payment in your PayPal account with a 'real' PayPal payment confirmation with basic info as to who paid, how much, for what and transaction ID, short and sweet, whether PayPal puts it on hold or not.

It seems its excuse after excuse with this "buyer".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Bperki
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you i knew it was a scam nearly had me to start with its scum preying on vunerable people Thanks again
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.