Am I entitled to buyers protection if I purchased something through PayPal without an account?

boostbomb
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered clothing on a site via PayPal. I did not have an account at the time I payed, but since it was through PayPal, I have an account now, and I linked my card, am I eligible for PayPal’s buyer’s protection?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@boostbomb

Yeah but you'll have to call customer service to get a dispute opened though as the transaction is likely not listed on your PayPal account if you didn't open account via the PayPal receipt.  If transaction is appearing in your account activity, you can dispute right from the transaction by click "Report a problem".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@boostbomb

Yeah but you'll have to call customer service to get a dispute opened though as the transaction is likely not listed on your PayPal account if you didn't open account via the PayPal receipt.  If transaction is appearing in your account activity, you can dispute right from the transaction by click "Report a problem".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

boostbomb
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! Have a well deserved kudos.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.