Am I Safe?

Morris12345
New Community Member

Hi,

A lad is asking me to send money (using gift and services) to his mums paypal account because he is not 18 yet and thus cannot have a paypal account. As it is a lot of money I'm sending - am i still protected or could I get scammed? I do not know the seller and thus am being very cautious.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Morris12345

If you are buying goods and sending funds as goods and services, there is purchase protection albeit limited not 100% guaranteed depending on what you'r buying and certain circumstances which has not happened yet.

For complete details on purchase protection (select your country):

Legal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Morris12345

If you are buying goods and sending funds as goods and services, there is purchase protection albeit limited not 100% guaranteed depending on what you'r buying and certain circumstances which has not happened yet.

For complete details on purchase protection (select your country):

Legal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PopsicleLover
Contributor
Contributor

No you're not safe, Paypal isn't a safe money app anymore, they do limitations for no reason, they would just block you and wont bother helping you  resolve your problems with your account. Would prefer to use another instead of this.

Login to Me Too

Temp20201216e
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is no longer safe to use. Their fraud protection is worthless and PayPal will side with a scam merchant over you every time. I would recommend using any other t payment type. Again PayPal is not safe.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.