Age limitations

ProudDad
Contributor
Contributor

Recently my 16 year old son decided enter the world of dropshipping. In order to maintain his ebay account he needed a PayPal account. Well PayPal has a stupid age limitation that acts as a roadblock .Thus hindering my entrepreneurial son. PayPal should recognize this mistake and create some sort of account for minors with parental permission, and oversight. I would rather have my 16 year old son making a legitimate income than breaking into cars and houses. Does anybody have any advice.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ProudDad

Yep tell him to wait until he is 18 when he would be mature enough to cope with running a business.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

In general, the “legal” contract age is the state’s age of majority.  The age of majority is the age when a person is considered an adult.  For most states, this is 18 years of age.  The age of majority may vary according to state laws, however.  For example, in Alabama, the age of majority is 19 years old.  The type of contract may also affect the legal contract age.   Car rentals, for example, usually require the renter to be at least 21 years old.  So not defending PayPal in any way, this is a state regulated legal determination.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

Whereas Paypal state 18 years of age.

And as they were wanting to open a Paypal account then the 'states' age is immaterial really  Smiley Frustrated

Personally I think it should be 25...........LOL

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.