After years of using PayPal it won't let me send money randomly

ArkansasMark

I've been using PayPal since the 90s. Now my mom is in a critical emergency healthcare situation and PayPal will not let me send money. It keeps asking me to add a new card. I did, but it just asked me to add another one. After about 10 tries I had ONE payment work. I tried to duplicate it exactly and it will not work again.

There are no explanations in the app or on the website as to why I can't send it. I can't call anyone for support and I can't find any answers in the community after 30 minutes of searching through disorganized unanswered questions.

After 20 years of using PayPal, it is disgusting that they won't let me send money to my mother that fell and broke her back because Cancer has made her so weak. At least they could give me an explanation as to why they won't let me send money. Instead, PayPal tricks me into providing more of my CC numbers by promising me it will work if I add another card. They mine me for my new CC info, still won't let me send money, and ask for more CC#s or account numbers. I have been a digital marketer and a user experience designer for 20 years -- I know this can only happen because it was designed this way. PayPal knows people will add more personal financial information hoping it will work, even when PayPal already knows it will not solve this issue!

Can someone please recommend a reliable payment system since PayPal is no longer reliable or ethical?   

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ArkansasMark 

Are you using the friends/family option to send the funds?

Is your mother in the same country as you are?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.