Adding debit card right after signing up

kuruc4

Hi,

I have just signed up to Paypal and this is what happened. 

On the first page, I created my account then I proceeded to the second page where I added some more information like address and phone number. After that, I agreed to the terms of use clicked to the next page where I had the option to add a debit card and so I did. After I added the card, the webpage just threw me back to the first page where I could sign up. All the boxes were empty so I just went ahead and logged in to my newly created account; there I looked for the card I have already added just to find that there is no card added yet. 

Is this normal or should I be worried about having been directed to a third party webpage and my card information is stolen?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@kuruc4

Even though your card details didn't get added when you entered them—because of the fact that you were able to log into the PayPal account you had just created, I believe you were on the legitimate PayPal website for your country (Hungary).

In the future, if you're unsure of any links in an email, or wherever, related to PayPal (or any account), go to the website directly and log in.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@kuruc4

Even though your card details didn't get added when you entered them—because of the fact that you were able to log into the PayPal account you had just created, I believe you were on the legitimate PayPal website for your country (Hungary).

In the future, if you're unsure of any links in an email, or wherever, related to PayPal (or any account), go to the website directly and log in.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.