Add Account for Minor Son

Lukeskywatcher
Contributor
Contributor

Any idea how to add a second personal account my son can access who ives 3 states away? He is not 18. So I guess i am asking if I can have a second personal account with a different email. Or does anyone have any idea how to accomplish this? I am wanting to transfer money to his account every month for his online gaming use. Is this possible?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lukeskywatcher

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when they register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will be subject to sending and receiving limits.

When you reach those limits you will be unable to verify your account so your account would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so they won’t have any recourse to get their money back.

Secondly you can't have another person accessing your own or another paypal account and also you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts in your own name if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 or more of the same type you risk them all being limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lukeskywatcher

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when they register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will be subject to sending and receiving limits.

When you reach those limits you will be unable to verify your account so your account would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so they won’t have any recourse to get their money back.

Secondly you can't have another person accessing your own or another paypal account and also you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts in your own name if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 or more of the same type you risk them all being limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.