Activation Fee

ezzria
New Community Member

Hi

Someone wants to make a purchase but I apparently need to pay an activation fee of $100 in gift cards (Itunes or Google Play) and send it to this particular paypal email. I just want to know if this is legit or not lol thank you! 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ezzria 

SCAM, why would you need google or itunes cards to activate a paypal account   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ezzria
New Community Member

LOL thats what I thought, any tips on how to approach this? She wanted to buy an item from me that I posted on Carousell and even created a similar paypal email to confuse me lol. This is my first transaction using paypal and using carousell so I'm happy you told me it was a scam!! 

@kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ezzria 

Just reply x1 saying you have changed your mind about selling. She will probably threaten you with legal action / FBI / interpol etc Smiley LOL

Don't reply after that and then they will give up and move on to their next victim.

Be very careful with overseas transactions and read up on paypal seller protection so you can risk assess any transctions you make.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.