Account opening never ending circle

JimTa
New Community Member

I am a trustee and treasurer of a local Foodbank and with this Coronavirus pandemic we are in a crisis situation.

Some fundraising structures necessitate access to the PayPal Giving Fund, but to access this we have to set up a PayPal Business Account.

I have been trying to do this since 4th May, but keep getting the same emails requesting the same information - which I have provided over and over again, it's so frustrating! I know that people desperately need our help right now, and there's no way to contact PayPal to get it sorted out apart from their completely useless messaging system. The Business account opening process is understandably set up for businesses, and some of the questions are not applicable to charities - but you still need to answer them in order to progress through the process. There really should be a simple way for charities to get set up without having to go through these steps but there isn't. I've run out of patience now and have tried and tried to get this sorted out but PayPal keeps sending me the same Copy and Paste emails over and over again.

Does anyone have an actual phone number so I can call someone competent at PayPal to get this sorted out? I'm sure it's a two-minute phone call, but it's taking me weeks and weeks - and people are actually suffering out there because of this. We need access to our money - what can I do to sort it out?

Many thanks

Jim

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.