Account Restricted

Funnyhw6
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I received a text message from <removed> saying :-Your PayPal has been restricted. You have 12H to confirm the account information or your account will be closed: <removed> I am trying to find out whether this is genuine and from PayPal. I received it on Friday morning. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Funnyhw6 wrote:
Hi I received a text message from <removed> saying :-Your PayPal has been restricted. You have 12H to confirm the account information or your account will be closed: <removed> I am trying to find out whether this is genuine and from PayPal. I received it on Friday morning. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

If you do not see any red dot notification on the bell icon or an open PayPal case in the resolution center when you log in to your account, then the message is fake.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

FrancoBeshyWAP
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello,

I can confirm right away that the text that you received is a Pishing email, Just by the number alone. its a uk number and that is not paypal's phone number

Login to Me Too

Prizzle
New Community Member

i just got this message too - same number, except ended 884 - its fake delete! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.