Account Activation and Service Fee

Jadiehillier
Contributor
Contributor

Is there an activation fee and service fee that needs to be paid in order to receive funds for products sold to a PayPal user? I have received an email stating I need to pay $100 for an activation fee and now another one stating I need to pay $120 for a service fee that will all be refunded with the payment into my account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jadiehillier 

No its a well known SCAM, no funds in your balance then you have NOT been paid.

Paypal never tell you to send money to do anything to verify your paypal account.

You will send the fee (normally not via paypal) and you will never see the funds in your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jadiehillier
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass This is the email I am receiving from an email address which I don't even know is from the real paypal

Dear Jade Hillier,

Please Note: You need to pay a Clearance fee $60.00 USD and Authorization fee $60.00 USD the total amount of R2,000.00 ZAR because the funds are coming from an international bank in the United State Of America (USA).

We have withdrawn your funds from the buyer account and we have your funds safe with us, be rest assured as we have everything under control.

Note: You will be receiving the total amount of R11,300.00 ZAR once you pay for fees.

We are doing this to make sure that you and the buyer have a safe transaction and it is our duty to make sure that both parties are being protected.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail by replying to this Email we sent to you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jadiehillier 

If you don't believe my post telling you its a scam then go ahead, your call. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.