Accessing Account From Another Country

Zabiyiah
Contributor
Contributor

Can I access my PayPal account or make payments using my PayPal in a different country other than the one I opened it in? I travel frequently and need to make payments. Will my account be blocked if I am making a payment in a totally different country I have travelled to?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zabiyiah

You may well have problems as Paypal is country specific. When you try and access your account in another country Paypal security will kick in to make sure your account has not been hijacked and being used by a scammer in another country.

As long as you have the phone with you that is linked to your Paypal account they 'should' be able to verify its you BUT my advice is that you contact customer services BEFORE you leave and let them know and ask what you need to do so that their are no issues.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zabiyiah

You may well have problems as Paypal is country specific. When you try and access your account in another country Paypal security will kick in to make sure your account has not been hijacked and being used by a scammer in another country.

As long as you have the phone with you that is linked to your Paypal account they 'should' be able to verify its you BUT my advice is that you contact customer services BEFORE you leave and let them know and ask what you need to do so that their are no issues.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.