ADVICE - Ebay seller has sent me invoice for Ebay item, BUT it's only using Paypal??

bilabonic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

I was looking for an item (bicycle) and found one but the seller has asked for my email and has sent me an invoice direct to paypal.
All i have is his Payal name and an email address. It does not even mention the item i'm purchasing, he has 10 FB and has been a member since January and seems a legitimate seller...

Will i be covered by Paypal if item does not arrive? My Paypal is also linked to my Credit Card.
The reason for doing it this way is that he can sell it £100 cheaper, he also has other items still for sale and has immediately ended the bicycle that was for sale..
I have searched on here and it states i am covered and if there is a problem all i need to do is click on the dispute button, but i can not find it on Ebay?

Can anyone help please before i send payment.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bilabonic 

This seller is avoiding eBay fees, if they are avoiding fees, imagine what else they can be avoiding. I would keep it moving and look for another listing to avoid any possible hassles of filing a dispute. To answer the question though, if you have the seller's email address, you can send a payment through your PayPal account by clicking Send and Request, enter the seller's email address, and select "Paying for item or service" under the amount you are sending to receive purchase protection and enter a thorough description on what you're buying in the Notes field. I would also recommend paying with a credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bilabonic
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply..

So by sending a payment through your PayPal account by clicking Send and Request, using the seller's email address, and select "Paying for item or service", entering the amount i will receive   purchase protection?
I can add a full, precise and thorough description on what you're buying in the Notes field, not sure if i can add pics though via Paypal?
Would 'links' to them be OK/suffice ?

The now ended Ebay link is still accessible as well, with all the info/pics etc....Should i also add that?

I will also be paying with a credit card as i always use that through Paypal.

Thanks for the prompt and very useful reply....

@bilabonic 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.