A user has placed a donation but they need an invoice?

LaurenRuth
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to send a user an invoice for their donation after they have placed a donation? The user requires an invoice for their records and they do not get one from the donation. Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LaurenRuth 

Creating a receipt with an invoice:

When your donor donates you through PayPal, they will automatically be emailed a payment receipt. To give your donor a detailed receipt, first create the invoice and save it as a draft if the invoice is not created already. Choose Record payment from the Action column on the Manage Invoices page. You can print and deliver the paid invoice or choose Share link from the Manage Invoices page to copy an invoice link which you can then send to your donor as a receipt. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LaurenRuth 

Creating a receipt with an invoice:

When your donor donates you through PayPal, they will automatically be emailed a payment receipt. To give your donor a detailed receipt, first create the invoice and save it as a draft if the invoice is not created already. Choose Record payment from the Action column on the Manage Invoices page. You can print and deliver the paid invoice or choose Share link from the Manage Invoices page to copy an invoice link which you can then send to your donor as a receipt. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.