A spam email saying I completed a transaction while I did not.

msevi
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing because earlier today I received an email in my account as a spam email saying the following:

However, I did not complete any such transaction today. I went to my paypal account and the last transaction has been recorded for the 30rd of Novermber. Could you please let me know about this? Thank you very much, I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Maria <removed>

You have sent a payment of € 122,04 to KORSIT BV. 

The transaction may only appear after a few minutes on your account.

Merchant 
KORSIT BV 
<removed>  Merchant Instructions 
You have not entered instructions.       Description Unit price Qty Amount   giftcards  EUR 122.04 1 € 122,04 EUR   Subtotal: € 122,04 EUR Total € 122,04 EUR   Payment € 122,04 EUR The debit will appear on your card statement under the heading "PAYPAL * KORSIT BV"

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Alex20_09
New Community Member
Mee too
Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Alex20_09 thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. If you have received a fake email stating that you made a payment to an unknown company please forward it to spoof@paypal.com. We'll investigate it and give you a feedback. Please don't click any link from that email BUT if you already did please change your password and security question to keep your account secured.

I added a link that will help you identify a fake or spoof email.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-to-spot-fake,-fraudulent,-spoof,-or-phishing-emails-...

****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!****

Login to Me Too

robertvarga1121
Contributor
Contributor

JustM3__
New Community Member

This same problem happened to me, Theyve take 120 pounds from my account however i have no memory of this, the company is new to me no knowledge of their existance also the product was delivered to someone else. Just got hacked or scammed, is there any possible way of getting my money back.

Login to Me Too

vasantpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened with me. I did not purchase those gift cards and paypal is not reviewing it properly to investigate and keep saying that they don't see any unauthorized activity. Really? You think hacker/spammer/culprit will leave very good nice trail so you can see that "oh yea its unauthorized". I don't know what paypal is expecting from culprit, a nice msg saying that he/she did it on your face and you can't catch him/her?

Login to Me Too

Mahesh5758
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I also faced the same issue. In fact, in my case I did not receive any mail stating that you did this transaction, I just got a notification in PayPal app. and when I checked in the app, I found one more unauthorised from yesterday. I don't know what's happening this ?.  Does anyone know, can we stop this payment by our Bank?  

Login to Me Too

vasantpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing, I did not receive any e-mail, nor I have any record of it. When I reached out this korsit bv company they said its legit and they gave me **bleep** answer saying that we send an e-mail to verify the e-mail address so they can send gift card and they send me pdf of that transaction and when I looked at pdf I can see that it says "Thank you for your order! Please click on the link below to retrieve your products." and there was a link. Which means that you can retrieve your e-gift card instantly. This culprit don't have to have access of my e-mail. This korsit bv is telling me that my e-mail acct could be hacked too, which is impossible. It seems to me that paypal is looking other ways and ignoring customers issue and is not standing behind their customers.

I would immediately contact bank and file dispute that they are unauthorized charges and submit complain against this <Removed>(if you have some info), see link below. Also put complain against paypal in this very same form.

i

<Removed>

Hope this helps,

Login to Me Too

Iku117
Contributor
Contributor

We did not get the email but $39.76 was withdrawn by PayPal KORSIT BV from my son's debut card. He doesn't have PayPal account. I will contact to our bank and PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Colleenm1
New Community Member
Well I just went to my bank account details are telling me that uses took 12.07out
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.