A chat representative gave a lot of attitude and trouble about a simple problem i had

Effie123432
Contributor
Contributor

Someone sent me $20 USD to my account and I was worried because recently my account from other websites have been hacked. I asked Herina to refund it for me, but she told me there would be fees on my end that I'd have to cover that were not refund related. I told her I would not refund it then because why should I be charged for something that I didn't do? I asked them whether she could do it for me and she said there was nothing they could do on their end: Herina3:18 PM Okay well that is fine I totally understand that you want your account to be safe lets just wait for the person to contact you but here in our end we cannot do anything about it.

Herina told me to contact the email but like I told her multiple times, it was not in my best interests to because this was supposed to be a private email and I don't want to be corresponding with possible hackers/scammers. She also accused me of essentially stealing saying that: So you will just keep money that is not intended for you, which was ridiculous because if that was the case, why was I even in chat support trying to get the money out of my bank account? 

I want it out of my account because I don't want to accidentally spend the $20 that's deposited there instead of the $20 from my bank accounts when I use other websites to buy stuff. After a lot of frustration, she accused me yet again of wanting to keep the money. I don't. Why am I here then?

She then said she can refund my money on her end. I asked her why she couldn't do it in the first place and she said, "Herina3:31 PM I did not say that we cannot do anything about it instead I told you that you can just do end and I have check my resources figured out that I can have it reverse". Then I copied and pasted her prior message which she wrote, "Herina3:18 PM Okay well that is fine I totally understand that you want your account to be safe lets just wait for the person to contact you but here in our end we cannot do anything about it." She slowed down the response and ultimately stopped talking to me. I find this behaviour so unprofessional and this was honestly the worst customer support service I've ever received. 

Has anybody experienced this before? Is there someone I can talk to? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Effie123432 

She was basically saying you just need to click refund and return it, however there is a fee whether she does it for you or you do it yourself.

So you could do a part refund to cover the fee if the person sent it to you by mistake.

Personally when that happened to me i just contacted the other person and they confirmed they made a mistake / typo with the email address and it got sent to me by mistake so i just refunded it, no problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Effie123432 

She was basically saying you just need to click refund and return it, however there is a fee whether she does it for you or you do it yourself.

So you could do a part refund to cover the fee if the person sent it to you by mistake.

Personally when that happened to me i just contacted the other person and they confirmed they made a mistake / typo with the email address and it got sent to me by mistake so i just refunded it, no problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.