A Few Questions about Paypal's Safety

AlanBernard
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using Paypal for some time now and I'd like to ask a few questions, just to be on the safe side and to make sure I know what to do in case something terrible happens.

1. Will Paypal refund my money or delete the transaction in the case that someone hacks into my account and makes a withdrawal from a linked bank account? As long as I'm quick, will they be able to pull this off?

2. If my computer is hacked and someone somehow gains control of my Paypal account followed by moving my money around from my account and my linked credit card to some different accounts, what can Paypal do in terms of refunds and security?

3. Finally, if something is downloaded onto my computer without my permission and manages to somehow log my keystrokes, will Paypal cover the damages as long as I didn't get this downloaded through a knowingly malicious website?

Thank you very much, your answers to these questions will be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I believe for any of your scenarios, you would report an unauthorized transaction, PayPal will review the incident and then make a decision - either in your favor or not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.