2FA - Two Factor Authentication

Johnkenz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, How to activate Two Factor Authentication?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal offers two types of two factor authentication in some countries.

1. SMS Security Key: This can be set up in the security tab in your PayPal profile.

2. Verisign VIP Access 2FA: https://vipmobile.verisign.com/

For Verisign 2FA setup, you'll need the VIP Access app and this PayPal link: 

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_setup-security-key

When activating Verisign 2FA, you'll need your Access app Credential ID (enter your entire Credential ID in the serial number box) and two unique security codes (the second security code will be the code that follows the first after 30 seconds). You'll be able to deactivate Verisign 2FA from the security tab in your PayPal profile.

You wont be able to log into the PayPal app when using Verisign 2FA. If you want added security for your account and want to use the PayPal app, you'll need to use PayPal's SMS Security Key.

Login to Me Too

apchuy
Contributor
Contributor

I also want to activate the 2FA... but I have a problem:  

Im using a desktop browser (not mobile/android)  

and I don't see this  "SMS Security Key" under the security tab of my PayPal profile.

paypa.PNG

Though I only see the "MOBILE PIN" nor "Customer Service PIN" 

---but I doubt that these are the 2FA options

Also Im not sure if 2FA can only be activated via PAYPAL mobile app 

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@apchuy

Which country are you in?

Login to Me Too

Johnkenz
Contributor
Contributor
I can't seen to activate it. Tried tge 2 methods you've given. Country is from ph.
Login to Me Too

Johnkenz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having same issue with @apchuy. I tried the link you've given me but it re-directs me to paypal default page

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

If you're unable to setup security key activation or Verisign 2FA, its possible these services may not be available for your account in your country.

Login to Me Too

apchuy
Contributor
Contributor

(I'm from Asia too) 

It is really disappointing to hear that there are "COUNTRIES" that doesn't have the same security features as the others.

w/o the 2FA, our accounts are really vulnerable once the hackers stole our passwords... tsk tsk..

Login to Me Too

Johnkenz
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Probably that is the one causing it. Hoping that they will do something about this. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.