24 hour call or chat? Been scammed and could do with talking to paypal

army360
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've been scammed - can't believe it as normally so careful.

Wife just had a fb message from friend saying she'd sold something but was locked out of her paypal account and could the buyer pay me and I pay her.  No problem I said and gave my wife's friend (aka the scammer) my paypal email address.

I then logged in to paypal app on my phone and waited for the money to land which it immediately did - £275.

I subsequently withdrew the money (plus a bit more that was in my account so £304.12 in total) to my barclays account.

I then transferred the net amount of £265.45 to the acc no and sort code given by my wifes friend (aka the scammer).

Then kids got a call from friends son saying careful because friends facebook has been hacked and ignore any messages, literally seconds too late.

I've advised barclays but can't contact paypal at all.  I'm fully expecting paypal to try and reverse the incoming money (ie the £275 from the 'buyer').

Am I protected in any way from this?  Very worried and surprised that there is no way to contact paypal out of hours.

Cheers, Mike

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.