why is it impossible to contact customer support?

sea-run-brookie
Contributor
Contributor

for the second time in less than a week I NEED to contact PayPal customer support.

yes - there is no phone number.  I get that. 

but why does the CONTACT US lead to a FAQ and not an email option?

Right now, I am unable to fill out a simple form requesting me to update my Tax ID status.

Earlier in the week, I was unable to disconnect my PP account from my now defunct bank account.

This is really upsetting.    

Is there a solution?     (yep, a solution to all three problems - or maybe just a way to reach customer support directly instead of this forum?)

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sea-run-brookie wrote:

for the second time in less than a week I NEED to contact PayPal customer support.

yes - there is no phone number.  I get that. 

but why does the CONTACT US lead to a FAQ and not an email option?

Right now, I am unable to fill out a simple form requesting me to update my Tax ID status.

Earlier in the week, I was unable to disconnect my PP account from my now defunct bank account.

This is really upsetting.    

Is there a solution?     (yep, a solution to all three problems - or maybe just a way to reach customer support directly instead of this forum?)

Thanks.

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, then scroll down to click CALL US. Press zero when on the line to get a rep/operator.

@AskPayPal for Twitter or facebook.com/paypal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SunnyDays
Contributor
Contributor

Xoom has charged $54.99 on my US bank account in order to transfer $50 to South Africa to my son. That was 2 weeks ago. My son did not receive the money but Xoom says the money was deposited (Xoom's story is different every time they email me). Xoom refuses to refund my money and says the case is closed. That's fraud. Paypal Inc. owns Xoom. I am unable to contact Paypal regarding this. Xoom does not refund me.

Login to Me Too

Tretius
New Community Member
Contact us is useless, call us is useless. How can I call you if you do not have a phone number? Please improve
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

When I go to www.paypal.com/contact and click through some of the options, at the end you'll see a "Call Us" link that sends you to a page with phone number and details on it.

image.png

image.png

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

fren385
Contributor
Contributor

I have not been able to get help either. Its a complete waste of time.
I'm not starting a claim with the BBB because I can't find a 123.00 refund. 
This is **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

snagwire
Contributor
Contributor

I unfortunately have no answer, just concurrence. I've been annoyed by a paypal practice that used to be illegal in banking. It used to be called 'the float' - the practice of holding back funds for a span of time for no reason other than to gain the interest from  possessing them for a span of time between where they came from and where they should be going. I've had them hold many hundreds of dollars for many days, for no reason. (witness that for a fee, you can have instantaneous transfers now on paypal)  So, today, i went looking for somewhere to lodge a complaint. I googled 'how to register a complaint with paypal', and when i clicked the link they showed, it took me to a page that said, simply, 'the page you are looking for no longer exists'... pretty much sums up where we are as a society, really.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sea-run-brookie 

You scroll down past the FAQ and the message us option is at the very bottom of that page OR you can use the message centre in your paypal account.

Failing that...
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

oldengoldie
Contributor
Contributor

I had a $750 sale on Shopify via PayPal. PayPal says money is available and to transfer it. But when I try it I get a message can't verify my identity. 36  hours after I sent a message explaining it, a human messaged me and said it was corrected and to try later in the day. Well it's much later in the day and I still get the same message. Shopify has live chat but PayPal doesn't, only artificial stupidity bots that give me irrelevant answers to questions I didn't ask. When this is finally, if ever, resolved I will cancel taking PayPal on Shopify.

Login to Me Too

Tretius
New Community Member
It is so true, and it is frustrating. If you have an issue with anything on PayPal, you are on your own
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.