resolution center

ahmedhai
New Community Member

the seller location is California USA on the listing. but the seller send me the address is china. the item i bot from California.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LKJ786
New Community Member

The item purchased was correct. It was sent to a wrong address from the PayPal popup verification window on eBay. That is an error on customer side.

But, in a bigger picture, the problem is you, the PayPal. After scouring the PayPal/web/forums for hours in the wee hours of the night, it turns out that the customer has no access to the previous mailing addresses (gift addresses?) that get created and pile up overtime using PayPal. These addresses are visible onetime only during popup Paypal verification window at the merchant website at the time of purchase.

This is most ridiculous. A customer MUST have access to every information generated by him/her on the account and change/edit an address list that might be no longer valid. What do you have to say? The in-person customer service is limited for part of the day and when available, one has to wait for hours on phone. Your "help center" is limited to your users experiences and leaves all the PayPal system errors for the customers to talk about and give-out half-truth experiences and resolutions.

It is ethical error on PayPal side and possibly legal as well. It is customer privacy issue. What if an unintended item is sent to an address that it should not be? Even though PayPal did not click the button for purchase, but PayPal provides no easy way to fix the problem on Customer side to reduce the errors by the customer.

BOTTOM LINE: give online full access on PayPal user account to the address list that customer generated overtime by using PayPal while purchasing items online and mailing those purchases to different addresses.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.