missing transaction

JJM2018
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a phone for my daughter using my paypal account.  I need to get information from that transaction as the phone is faulty and I purchased a warranty plan with it.  the transaction shows up on my card statement and there is a transaction id.  in my paypal account, the transaction is not shown. how do i find information on a transaction through paypal using the transaction id?  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JJM2018 wrote:

I purchased a phone for my daughter using my paypal account.  I need to get information from that transaction as the phone is faulty and I purchased a warranty plan with it.  the transaction shows up on my card statement and there is a transaction id.  in my paypal account, the transaction is not shown. how do i find information on a transaction through paypal using the transaction id?  

That means you paid without logging into PayPal or you paid as a PayPal guest with credit card? If so, you should have gotten a payment confirmation with a receipt number. In some cases, the transaction won't show up in your PayPal account but on your credit card instead. If you have the transaction ID, email PayPal through the message center with the transaction ID. Click the Bell Icon > Inbox > View Messages > New Messages

Or call customer service: Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

@AskPayPal for Twitter or facebook.com/paypal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JJM2018 wrote:

That means you paid without logging into PayPal or you paid as a PayPal guest with credit card? If so, you should have gotten a payment confirmation with a receipt number. In some cases, the transaction won't show up in your PayPal account but on your credit card instead. If you have the transaction ID, email PayPal through the message center with the transaction ID. Click the Bell Icon > Inbox > View Messages > New Messages

Or call customer service: Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

@AskPayPal for Twitter or facebook.com/paypal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jonathan1816
Contributor
Contributor

just a quick question on your reply...

how can you pay by PayPal without logging in?

also this keeps happening to me and I use the same card that is registered with PayPal all the time and sometimes I get an email raciest and sometimes I don't!

I get no help from PayPal at all regarding this matter

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.