Understanding international fees, person-to-person transaction

gabeleighton
New Community Member

Hello!  I'm trying to understand international fees, as it pertains to sending a trusted friend or family member money in another country.  For this example, let's say that I need to send someone in Brazil $500 USD.  I intend to send it to them from my PayPal balance.  It will transfer to their PayPal account, then of course they will need to convert it on their end to Brazilian currency.  I'm trying to calculate it such that the recipient receives a net amount of $500 USD (after conversion to Brazilian currency) but I'm having a hard time understanding the math, from this page: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees.  

Is there someone here who can help me?  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting in our Community. You can elect to send the funds in BRL(the Brazilian national currency) and use our currency converter to determine the amount you'll be sending in USD. Brazilian accounts are not able to receive personal payments(friends and family), so the standard transaction rates would apply to the payment. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.