Possible text scam or real?

SavvyMoots15
Contributor
Contributor

So I was getting ready to buy something and I suddenly get a text saying PayPal Fraud Alert: Are you trying to pay $20.00 USD? If yes, reply 1. If no, reply 2. Msg & Data rates apply. Want to know of this is real legit

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @SavvyMoots15. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum. PayPal does send text alerts and we do ask if a transaction is authorized. If the message was sent from 729725, then it was from PayPal.

If you are ever concerned about a contact that says it's from PayPal, you can forward an email or submit a website URL to spoof@paypal.com and we'll check it out. For texts or phone calls, please take a screenshot of the message or your phone log making sure the full phone number is visible, and attach the screenshot to an email to spoof@paypal.com.

One of the best ways to keep things safe and secure is to complete purchases via reputable websites and to log on to your PayPal account via a new browser window or tab you open or via the PayPal app. To see more information on how to handle suspicious/fake contacts, please check out https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq438.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.