Please help with receiving my money

aMbEr777
New Community Member
Okay, I'm a little freaked out with what just happened to me when calling eBay customer service. What sounds like an Indian race on the other line who called himself Chris ask me for my email address, put me on hold, and came back saying.... "In order to get my PayPal transferred into my bank account I will have to purchase an eBay gift card, then call eBay back with the CODE on the card in order to receive my money into my account. I thought to myself, Is this real life? I hung up in him and he immediately call me back. I told him I was going to do my own investigation and hung up in him. No way this is true? I need some help here, please. Pay Pal has money of mine they have not released yet. Dang...ebay use to be so easy and fun to Buy and Sell on. What the heck happen?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aMbEr777 

Its a SCAM.

It would not be paypal (or ebay) customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number inserted into google search and pretending to be paypal customer services.
That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the real paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages.
The scammers will always try to get you to buy vouchers or ask for sensitive financial account information which Paypal customer services would never do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.