Paypal payment sent to my spam

Kideshon99
Contributor
Contributor
Hey was up guys so I recently tried selling an iPhone 11 max pro on Facebook and I think I’m getting scammed. So first of all the buyer asked if I had PayPal and I responded with yes I do then proceeded to ask for my email which I gave then they ‘allegedly’ sent the payment and it went to my spam folder, which they suspiciously knew. The email asked me to manually send the tracking number before the payment would be present in my account. Idk what y’all think ? Please lmk ASAP I legit don’t think I’m overreacting
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kideshon99 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kideshon99 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kideshon99
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! I was literally getting a headache from this. So what should I do tho? I sent this to the spoofs account. Was this a smart move ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kideshon99 

As i said in the last line of my post.....DELETE ANY EMAILS AND IGNORE THEM.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.