PayPal Email Say Give Me $10 Voucher........A Phishing Scam ??

findcount
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Giving Me $10 Voucher........A Phishing Scam ?? 

the email looks quite legit............... 

''It’s been a while since you’ve last used PayPal and we want to give you something to welcome you back.

Here’s a S$10 voucher* to spend at any merchant that accepts PayPal. Simply click "Redeem” and save the voucher to your PayPal wallet.

*Voucher expires on September 24, 2020. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the offer page for details.''

= funny thing is i recently used Paypal a couple times..............

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Micah06v8
Contributor
Contributor
I got the same thing. Very interested to know if this is legit or not.
Login to Me Too

addrandomname
New Community Member

Got this today (10/20/2020) with an updated expiration date of 11/15...  I've been using paypal again since the pandemic started after not having an account for nearly 8 years, but yeah - this sounds really phishy to me.

Login to Me Too

BOOST6096
New Community Member
I just got the same email today as well. Very interested to find out if it's a scam or not. I will say though I have to accounts with 2 cards and 1 is my old one and negative $0.17 and that account didnt get an email because it's not in good standing, which makes me think it's not a scam for them to know what accounts are good or not. But 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm not hitting that **bleep** yet lol I just got all my accounts fixed 😅
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.