Not used my paypal for many months. Now I can't access money a friend sent me. Help!

kerryk-
New Community Member

I used to use paypal just to buy stuff on ebay and to donate a little cash to friends. I would put gift cards on it. We don't have a lot of cash and my husband understandably uses all our money (including birthday gifts etc) for bills and groceries. So when I get a little bit I may add it to paypal so I can get our son extra presents or buy off ebay. All little things. Now, a friend paid me back $75. I can't access that money. I couldn't use it on ebay. And it's in limbo. Paypal only does some sort of email exchange and didn't explain it completely but says that I have to link my back account to get my money! First, I don't WANT paypal to have my bank information (we had someone break into our prior account before the bank caught it) and I want to get my $75 without it going into our checking account. Then I'll have to account for it instead of using it to get stocking presents. How can I access the money I accepted without it going into our checking account? Paypal says I need to put in my user id and password for our BANK to quick link the bank account. That is scary to me. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kerryk- 

You need to verify your account by adding a bank account if you want to receive payments or money.

However the funds are not sent to your bank account, they stay in your balance and you can use them from that balance OR withdraw them to your bank account as and when you wish. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Michie22
Contributor
Contributor

CAN ANYONE HELP ME HOW TO FULLY VERIFY MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT WITHOUT PASSPORT? PAYPAL IS ASKING ABOUT MY PASSPORT BUT I DON'T HAVE ONE. IS THERE ANOTHER WAY?

Login to Me Too

Jonibert
Contributor
Contributor
Help like.....
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.