Non Refund on Collected Item

DarrenXL
New Community Member

I purchased a games console on Ebay and paid via PayPal.  I collected item as seller wouldn't deliver and it also saved on delivery costs which  I was happy about.

I told seller on collection that I knew nothing about the console and it was a birthday present for my 12 year old boy.  The seller still wanted to show me it working and when I walked into front room the console was on and front screen was visible. That was all I saw and assumed it was working fine.  I got Console home and gave it to my son who told me it wasn't working correctly and is faulty. The area that it doesn't work (installing games and Wifi errors) wasn't shown to me on collection.

I opened a case with PayPal who closed the dispute after 10 days   on the basis that I collected it in person and not covered.

I feel so let down as for me if I get an item home and it is faulty regardless if I collected it,  I expect a refund without fail. Consumer rights and all that.

However PayPal feel it acceptable not to follow the consumer rights act and make their own rules up.

The seller knew the item was faulty I'm sure of it as he never replied back to my emails. He also knew I wouldn't get my money back if I collected it and saw it 'partly' working. Also he didn't live at the address I collected it from which I found out when I arrived.

So no protection whatsoever from PayPal and wont be using them again for my money transfers. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.