Limitation additional $500 refund

OaklieK
New Community Member

I got an email telling me my funds were on hold due to a limitation and that I needed to upgrade to a business account or that the buyer could send an additional $500 for me to upgrade. 

He sent the additional but I have no access to any of money and have no clue what to do. He wants the refund through cash app but I'm a broke college student and don't have that in my back account. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OaklieK 

Its a scam. You were not paid and no payment is on hold because you don't see it in your account. If a payment was really sent, PayPal always shows a record of it, even if the payment is subject to a PayPal hold.

Its not absolutely required to upgrade to a business account to receive payment in the US. So just ignore and block them. Do not send any goods or services.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

OaklieK
New Community Member

@sharpiemarker 

Thank you, he's been in contact with me since early evening. I told him i was gunna call Pay Pal in the morning to walk me though it. 

I received an email moments ago that he took back his $500. I'm just unsure on what to do. 

Login to Me Too

Aaliyah61
New Community Member
Did u ever figure this out.... I got the same thing... trying to sell a painting and he says he’ll send additional funds but I have to send back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.