Is this a scam

Cbutler21
Contributor
Contributor
Idk how to show the photo, but I am receiving a payment for 1000 USD And it says I need to pay a $53 dollar clearance fee, but it is on the pay pal website and looks legit, it’s also a video, is this a scam?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cbutler21 

PayPal does not request a “clearance” fee in order for you to receive your money. Once someone pays, any PayPal fee is deducted automatically and the rest appears in your PayPal balance, even if PayPal subject the payment to a hold, you will see the payment as received as yours but pending until 21 days or when delivery is confirmed.

Imho, I don’t foresee you getting paid. What do you see on the website? An invoice for the clearance fee?

To add a photo, reply to the post and click the camera icon just above the message field.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Cbutler21
Contributor
Contributor
Is there anyway I can message you privately or something, because I want to show u the video I have
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cbutler21 

Screenshot(s) with obvious identify info redacted will do. There is no way to private message.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Cbutler21
Contributor
Contributor

Here is this, I couldnt save the photo but this is a link to the document with the photo on it.

Untitled document - Google Docs

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.