Is it normal for Paypal to ask for bank statements?

VioPisatel
Contributor
Contributor

So the thing is, I'm new to Paypal but I had to open one because I needed to accept payment internationally. So my client transferred 10 EUR to my account which I received (9.21 EUR after the fee) and accepted. However, minutes later it said that the payment was refunded and ended up putting my account balance into the negatives (I had nothing in my account before the payment). So, I contacted my client about it who said that they didn't touch anything and then tried to fix issues on their end. Then I went to fix the negative balance issue but it declined both of the cards I had, saying Paypal wasn't able to verify them. (I have been able to use the cards normally before this, so I am sure the problem is not with the cards). Then I got a notification saying that my account is suspicious and I need to send a bunch of private information (ID, Proof of Address, Bank Statement). I want to know if that's normal and I'm not being scammed. Along with any possible reasons as to why the above situation happened. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.