Inappropriate fees

evanfree
New Community Member

I received money via Paypal, and was charged a fee. Never happened before. It seems to suddenly be treating me as if I sold something. I did not! It’s simply money owed me from an individual. We both have Paypal accounts in the USA. I can’t find an email or a phone number to reach Paypal. How do I pursue my money?! Thanks in advance-

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@evanfree

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If your friend chose the send money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If your friend had chosen the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly.

You could try refunding the payment and asking them to send it the correct way but you would lose the 20p fixed fee part.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@evanfree

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If your friend chose the send money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If your friend had chosen the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly.

You could try refunding the payment and asking them to send it the correct way but you would lose the 20p fixed fee part.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.