I got this email. Is this real?

John443
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for using PayPal® as your secure online auction payment service.     This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until you send us the shipping tracking number for verification. This security measure is embarked on, due to the fact that the buyer was subscribed under PayPal User Protection Policy so as to secure the buyer's transaction.  Below is the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us through this mail Click Here to submit your tracking# with your paypal Agent(Sarah White) and our customer care service will attend to you. As soon as you send the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller, the money will be credited to your account immediately.     We Offer %100 Seller Protection; We never disclose your financial information when you make or receive payments. This is to eradicate all forms of scam/fraudulent practices and we want you to know that you're on the safer ends here because the money question has already been deducted from the buyer's account and cannot be reversed/refund back to the buyer until you complete this transaction by getting the package shipped and get back to us with the shipment proof as we stated above.     Yours sincerely, PayPal.   Thank you for using PayPal! The PayPal Team. Copyright © 1999-2020 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (USA) Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United State of America as an electronic money institution. PayPal FSA Register Number: 368104.PayPal Email ID PP843.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adam1

Hi John443, thanks for posting into our Community. That email is not from PayPal. We never require you to provide shipping information by email, nor do we require you to ship an item without first receiving payment for that item. You can read more about fake or spoof emails here

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.