Fees on transfer

ButterKnife
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,people. Yesterday I got a transfer directly from a credit card and saw that there was a fee, and then when I wanted to transfer from my PayPal balance I thought I had to pay a fee, but then I read that when transferring money from PayPal balance directly there is no fee, even if you're not in the US. Please someone further explain this as I am very confused

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ButterKnife

If you are selling and accepting payments from buyers then you always pay a fee. If doesn't matter how the buyer 'funded' that Paypal payment you still pay Paypal a fee per transaction to process online payments for you.

Withdrawals are free in most countries, can't say re yours as you have not said what country you are in.

If you are accepting a 'gift' ie family / friends payment and the sender uses that option then its free normally unless they use a card.......but that again differs country to country but its against Paypal rules to accept that type of payment for selling and you would lose any seller protection if you did so.

Fees are shown in Paypals user agreement accessed via Legal (very bottom right of this page) > user agreement > FEES.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ButterKnife
Contributor
Contributor
Say I just want to send money to my dad as a gift, do I have to pay a fee? And how do you gift?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ButterKnife

Fees are in paypals user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.