FEEDBACK....WAS MY PRIVACY INVADED ? I need feedback

GarySpringer
Contributor
Contributor
Yesterday my account got blocked so I called PayPal and had to explain why I had so many deposits ranging from .50 cents up to 20.00. FROM PLAYING GAMES AND DOING SURVEYS this can be verified by simply looking at the merchant/app depositing the funds. Its not like I make hundreds etc a week. Its only a few bucks at best some days. So after I explained that. She asked me who is ????? I told her. That's my mother. Customer support than asked me. WHY IS SHE TRANSFERRING MONEY TO YOU??? I couldn't believe PayPal had the audacity to ask me why my mother was sending me money. I felt my privacy was being invaded. Is this right for them to ask such a question? Quick breakdown on my transactions. A couple bucks a few days out the week I earn from cashing out on games and surveys from the same couple apps I been using since I've had PayPal. Other than that. My mother is the only person who sent me money. The few bucks I earn from games and surveys. Majority of that goes back to Google play store sorta speak. I play realms of kingdom and final fantasy games and I purchase offers from money I made from reward apps like making money , current, hungry turtle. I got PayPal for one reason. To be able to cash out on these apps and PayPal is always advertising in short ads etc that this is what PayPal is for basically. So for me to get blocked for having deposits from these popular apps and then get asked personal questions like why my mother sends me money just doesn't seem right to me. Customer service said my account restrictions will be taken off within the next two days. But tbh. Ever since yesterday interaction with support. I feel really uncomfortable. So my question is. Was I violated? Was this handled correctly by PayPal? Was I singled out and treated wrong sorta speak ?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

No real problem, IMO. Just making sure it is not a scam, etc. If they keep asking over and over again, then they have a problem--and you should then complain about it. But, for a first-time verification, it is a pain. But it is also proof Paypal does check on how/where/when payments are made/received in order to try to screen out scammers and illegal transfers. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.