E-mail verification for an account I did not create

bkc56
Contributor
Contributor

Someone created a PayPal account using an email address of mine.  Do I need to do anything, or just ignore it (leave it unverified)?

I found a similar thread on the forum, but the linked help article no longer exists.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bkc56
Contributor
Contributor

More notifications today, including a change of e-mail address.  Not sure how they did that without a verified e-mail.  But I'm going to assume they fixed it.

And I never did hear from PayPal as to what one is supposed to do when this happens.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bkc56
Contributor
Contributor

The person has had money sent to them, which they can't get until the e-mail address is confirmed (which I'm not doing).  They've also done a password change (not sure how that works without a verified e-mail address).

Login to Me Too
Solved

bkc56
Contributor
Contributor

More notifications today, including a change of e-mail address.  Not sure how they did that without a verified e-mail.  But I'm going to assume they fixed it.

And I never did hear from PayPal as to what one is supposed to do when this happens.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.