DNB Retail

W48
New Community Member

Has anybody else gotten an email from this place saying that my order is on the way and using PayPal to charge $499. I don’t know who they are and did not order anything. Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

GiaDaniels
New Community Member

yes I did just now. I called the number provided and an Indian woman told me to download a software and I hung up.

Login to Me Too

cmsjr
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like a scam

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@W48 

If its a spoof then NEVER USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email/text to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bucker
Contributor
Contributor

I was clearing my junk folder and saw an email from "Derek <Removed>" from the email address of google email sender that addressed me as "Dear Customer" stating thanking me for $449.99 for "1 Year Membership Program". As someone else reported here, this is obviously a scam which is why my email client placed it in my junk folder. I plan to report this to google mail and the whatever federal agencies I can in order to shut this down.

Login to Me Too

Joel-Toronto
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I've had this too. Note the misspelled words "upto" and "transation" and "recive" - as well as the salutation "Dear Customer,"

These alone are enough to identify this as SPAM/FRAUD

Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 10:26 AM
To: <removed> <removed>
Subject: Your transaction has been processed  

Thank you for order with DNB Retail

10-04-2021

Purchase ID: 985839402B

Dear Customer,

Please print this email in a safe place for future reference. Your reference number is 4823958GB1.
Items purchased can only be modified or cancelled within 24 hours of the transaction. Please call us on <stron[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/strong> for any such changes.

It may take upto 1 business day for the transaction to reflect in your account. Below are your transaction details.

Thank you!

Merchant
DNB Retail
Phone[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]br />Monday to Saturday: 8 am to 8 pm Eastern
Sunday Closed

Description Quantity Price1 Year Membership Program1449.99  Total 449.99

Issues with this transation?
You have 24 hours from the date of the transaction to open a dispute[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not recive a response. For assistance Cal[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Our mailing address is: <removed> Chicago, IL <removed>, United States

(to unsubscribe click here - hyperlink removed)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.