Closed account, PayPal kept the balance and ignores my emails

Frustrated-1234
Contributor
Contributor

I had an old UK PayPal account, and since I now live in Spain, and the old email address doesn't exist any more, I decided to close the account. It had a balance of around 80 UKP, and I assumed this would be paid into my default bank account. Well it wasn't!

Since then I've used the PayPal email form 4 times to ask where the money is, but despite the promise that they'd respond within 24 hours, they haven't. The first email sent was more than two weeks ago. 

As a matter of interest, I had previously tried to empty the account before closing, but a few days later, PayPal without contacting me, grabbed the money back out of my account. I've known for some time, that PayPal can be high-handed, but this is looking more and more like theft.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

krystalynlaura0
New Community Member

Same here. PayPal closed my account for no reason, ignores my emails, and they drained my account without any notification.

I even called customer service, and after multiple attempts of getting ahold of a customer service agent, I was provided with an email address for me to contact and told me I would get an email response in a week, and nothing.

PayPal is such a scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.