Cant talk to a real person

qxx1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! How can I talk to a real person at PayPal? In message center, every message I get is an automated one. Please help!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

desriix
Contributor
Contributor

Google "paypal phone number" and you can at least try to call in

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@qxx1 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

@desriix 

NEVER ADVISE SOMEONE TO USE GOOGLE FOR PAYPALS PHONE NUMBER.

That is how folks are getting SCAMMED by fake paypal phone numbers inserted so that they come up in a google search.

And its also the reason we can't post phone numbers on this forum, to stop scammers doing so. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

desriix
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Worked for me. Got all my problems resolved. But okay, if you say so. 

• Live chat wasn't available for me for 2-3 days that I tried using it (not counting the multiple times I've tried over the past 2 months)
  • Sending a message didn't work, I got a bot sending me help center queries over and over never allowing me to
  • There is no 'call' option for me on the PayPal website through my account or by any other means. It's been removed where it used to be.

Generally, sending an email or a message via social media doesn't yield any kind of a result or response for days or weeks, if ever.

Posting here in the forums also doesn't do anything.

Seems very clear to me that right now, PayPal does not want anyone to contact them at all. Which, as a customer, is pretty disappointing. If they didn't remove the methods of contact, they wouldn't be putting their customers at risk of getting scammed by trying to find other ways to contact them.

But I won't post it again, if you say so. But it worked for me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@desriix 

Glad it worked for you, the real number is in there as well BUT there are loads of folks being scammed by fake ones that come up in search.

Just safer not to do it to be honest but glad you were not caught out and they sorted you out, amazed you got through 😁

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.