Can my personal PayPal account be used for friends and family and Internet purchases with no fees?

BigRich1
Contributor
Contributor

I only use funds that are already posted in my PayPal account and I only send money to friends and family. I sometimes allow vendors to take the money I owe them for a something they are selling on on eBay or other Internet businesses if they accept PayPal for payment. I do not change currencies nor do I use cryptocurrencies. I upload/download money to and from my PayPal account from my locally linked bank account.

My question is simple. After the upcoming "fee changes" on August 2, 2021 will I be required to pay anything at all for my type of transactions?

To date I have not needed to pay a single penny nor have the recipients of my funds since I use money in my PayPal account monies and I do not use credit card money.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Divya

Hi BigRich1,

Thanks for contacting us and welcome to our community. I can understand your concern. However, in simple words, you would not be charged for personal/friends and family payments unless they pay you internationally/different currency/from their cards. Also, when you are selling or buying services, we need you to use goods and services type as you would be protected with our protection policy in dispute/chargeback situation.

For more details, please check our website for Policy Update on fees here

I hope this helps
Divya

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Divya

Hi BigRich1,

Thanks for contacting us and welcome to our community. I can understand your concern. However, in simple words, you would not be charged for personal/friends and family payments unless they pay you internationally/different currency/from their cards. Also, when you are selling or buying services, we need you to use goods and services type as you would be protected with our protection policy in dispute/chargeback situation.

For more details, please check our website for Policy Update on fees here

I hope this helps
Divya

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.