Buying domains/websites

jwb4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi is there any protection when buying a website? I'm worried I hand over the cash and the domain & website isn't transferred across!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

iTesla
Contributor
Contributor
Hello
I m doing domain sales and as a beginner i m worried of same thing, that i hand over the domain and buyer will request money back and get both domain and his money.
I remember i asked about this PP staff and they told something about this, then they updated the Policy to help more with processing of virtual products.
It is possible fine and safe for cheap websites that cost not more than 5K but above it there can be risk, many domain deals are done using Escrow, it is more preferred by both parties buyer and seller.
If you proceed with PP it is possible to ask proof of domain transfer, the owner can record a video using OBS studio, there are many tools which can help to protect such transactions in our days which were missing some years ago.
Today PP is more user friendly towards virtual products.
Still i would prefer to hear a PP staff opinion based on their policy.
Login to Me Too

jwb4
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve looked at Escrow and it is expensive, and a faff with all of the verification hoops you need to jump through! the asset I am looking at isn’t particularly expensive but I don’t want to throw away money. I’m thinking of suggesting to the seller we trust each other and I transfer half of the funds then the rest when the site is transferred?
Login to Me Too

iTesla
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, i think you can give it a try, the experienced domainers might accept this, cause for them trust is priority.
You can also ask him to list the domain/website through trusted platforms such as Sedo, Epik, DAN, SAV, Flippa only this websites will take additional fees from seller.
You can also visit Namepros this is one the biggest Forum for domainers, they also can help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.