Business Account

FirestormFox
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have to own a business to open a business account or can just a freelance artist do so?  I'm trying to accept subscriptions on Ko-Fi and it won't work unless I have a business account, but I'm not a business.  What info does PayPal need?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @FirestormFox,

Great question! You do not need to have a registered business to use a business account. Have a great rest of your day!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

youripides
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_AshleyM! If we "do not need to have a registered business to use a business account," what are we supposed to put as the business name? I'm a freelance writer trying to set up recurring payments through Ko-Fi gold, but that requires a business account. Thanks in advance for any help! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @youripides,

You can set your business name to whatever you want! It can be your first and last name, a pseudonym you write under, anything you choose. I would suggest in your situation that you may want to just use your first and last name. I hope this helps. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.