Am I being scammed?

halstondurr24
New Community Member

Hi everyone, any help would be greatly appreciated here. I recently sold a man $450 worth of football cards, I received an email from "paypal" saying my account would be credited the $450 when I provided the tracking number for the package of the cards. I provided the tracking number and I got another email from "paypal" saying it was confirmed and my account would be credited the money in 24 hours. 12 hours later I received another email from "paypal" saying $450 exceeds my limit, and that Steve, the man I sold the cards to, has to send me an additional $500 so I can "expand my limit" and then I refund him the $500 after he sends it to me. I am getting scammed right???

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Filenotfound
Contributor
Contributor

A very obvious scam... When you sell something through paypal, NEVER look at "emails". Look only at your paypal balance summary. If the money is not shown in your paypal summary and they claimed they paid, probably a scam. Usually payment is nearly instant, but would give it like 10-15 mins at most. If they claimed to have paid, and you have no received money, and you get an "email from paypal" about receiving money, it is 1000% a scam.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@halstondurr24 

FAKE SCAM PAYPAL EMAILS, YES SCAM SADLY.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.