using paypal card abroad

wootty
Contributor
Contributor

what restrictions are there using your paypal card abroad.

do paypal use correct exchange rates etc.

am planning trip to the states and want to use it as a basic pre-loaded card etc.

i presume i can use anywhre a mastercard is accepted.

many thanks.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Dian

Hi Wootty,

Thank you for posting this in our Community.

Yes you can use your card abroad, anywhere MasterCard is accepted. We change our currency at least twice a day so we would have the correct exchange rates as well. :). 

I hope this information helps.

Dian

Login to Me Too

andydrummond
New Community Member

To clarify further, do you charge any fees for using the card abroad, or is it the same as using it at home?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi andydrummond,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

Happy to answer that for you.

If you use your card overseas there is a 2.75% foreign exchange fee and cash withdrawals will cost £3 plus 2.75% per withdrawal.

Here's a link to a FAQ page I found with more queries around how the PayPal Access Card works:

http://goo.gl/6lxHhz

Hope it helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Sandrinha
New Community Member

Hi there,

My Paypal account is in dollars only, so I assume that when I use it in the USA to withdraw, there will only be a £3 fee for ATM withdrwal?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

acpayden
New Community Member

Hi, 

Do I need to call in to have them unlock it or something? I tried to purchase my airline ticket back to the states and it didnt work on any of the sites. 

Login to Me Too

Mike42night
Contributor
Contributor
I noticed to the PayPal prepaid site does not let me log in abroad yet PAyPal it self works fine
Login to Me Too

Mike42night
Contributor
Contributor
Update: PayPal prepaid's website does not work abroad I just confirmed it with tech-support from PayPal prepaid so you cannot transfer funds while abroad nor does PayPal itself the allow you to link any othet prepaid cards. Nor can you add money to your PayPal prepaid card using PayPal's website. I hope this helps anyone that needs it..,
Login to Me Too

Kerry2001
Contributor
Contributor
Please can I use my PayPal prepaid master card abroad for ATM cash out
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @Kerry2001,

Welcome to the community. As this is a UK community, are you referring to the Access Card? If so, you can use it to make payments abroad and withdraw from an ATM. You should find all of the information you need here https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/accesscard-terms.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.