query with my account

jude-Marie
Contributor
Contributor
I have paid my daughters school uniform fees out of my paypal... They money wasnt in my bank straight away so payment returned. They payment of £54.37 has bow been deducted from my bank account due to being paid and therefore been sent to paypal. My PayPal account is still saying minus despite the money being deducted from my bank yesterday. Also, I cannot seem to make an ebay transaction with my PayPal on EBay... Its telling me to fix problems with my account then asking me to tie a card to my account asking me for my card details. I dont have a card, hence having my PayPal linked to my bank... But it wont let me make a purchase with out putting card details In. Im really frustrated, please can someone help!!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jude-Marie

When you pay a seller it is never instant, paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then they take the wait for your funds to transfer to paypal to reimburse them.

From a bank account it takes 5-7 working days to get to your paypal account (paypal uses the slowest transfer times, thats why they credit the seller for you in advance). 

It may have left your bank account but it has to go via automated clearing and 5-7 working days later will hit your balance and bring that back to 0.

Now that you have had a failed bank transfer it seems paypal will no longer credit the seller in advance for you unless you add a back up card to your paypal account as well to reduce risk to them of future payments failing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jude-Marie
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou... This helps alot. I've never had payment sent back before as I've always had the money in my account. I paid for something else and thought there was enough in, unfortunately there wasn't and it took some of the uniform money which made me short. The bank account I use is just an account purely for paypal so I put so much in it every month to allow for online shopping. Will that mean from now on ill be asked for card details, or could this be asking me for them to just clear the balance to allow me to shop again?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.