how do i stop/cancel an e-check?

vicky13
New Community Member

hi, i recently won an item on ebay.  I have always paid by paypal and the funds have just gone straight out of my bank acount or paid after delivery option.  Well on Monday i tried paying as normal but it said that they were unable to process.  then im getting confirmation that an e-cheque had been sent, now the payment is pending and not being cleared until 2nd September 😞 the seller has been very patient however i need the item asap so therefore need to cancel the transaction and pay instantly.  Thought i may just add that after this transaction of the e-cheque approximately 30 minutes later, i won another auction and paid straight away using paypal with no problems and that payment has been paid and cleared.

Anyone know how i can cancel the transaction?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately if there no option to cancel the transaction, you can't do it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi vicky13,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

Snowshoe is right. I'm afraid you can't cancel an eCheque from your end.

However, if you speak with your Seller, he/she should be able to refund the payment on their side.

The only problem with this though is that it won't stop the original funds leaving your bank and moving towards the PayPal system. The funds will clear through as normal and will just be made available on your PayPal balance rather than being sent to the Seller.

I hope that makes sense vicky13 and apologies for any inconvenience this eCheque has caused,

Conor

Login to Me Too

serenitystraws
Contributor
Contributor

then why does the info in Paypal state this:

I received an eCheck, but the payment is pending? Why?Do NOT ship any items or provide any services until the eCheck clears and payment shows available in your PayPal balance. If you don’t want to wait 3-6 business days to receive the eCheck , you can cancel it by clicking Cancel payment under the transaction details.

There is no such option.  Paypal needs to update their help area.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.