Paypal access card expired how do I renew it as had no contact from Paypal

Chafford
Contributor
Contributor

I have an access card but it has now expired 04/2014 and have had no contact regarding its renewal. How do I get it renewed as I have been on site but it states I do not have a card under the card number given although I do ???  need help please

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well you don't have one with that number if it has already expired.

Go to your paypal account > profile > my money > debit and credit cards > update.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chafford
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but thats not my question.

I already have a PAYPAL access card and have used it in the past but it has now expired and I have tried to find out how to renew it. ITS A PAYPAL ACCESS CARD not anyone elses. I want to renew and use it on outside purchases as per the email paypal sent me way back.  How or who do i get it renewed or replaced. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Robo58
New Community Member

I have this problem and just wriiten to PayPal about it. It has run out and I have not recieved a new one.

Login to Me Too

Chafford
Contributor
Contributor
Still waiting for answer as to how my card supplied by paypal has expired and no reminder or information given. Searched paypal but it's a brick wall on answers.
Login to Me Too

tinsar
New Community Member

Same issue. Card due to expire and no indication from papypal how to get it renewed!

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

Gumbo1976
Contributor
Contributor

I had this and have just found out that when I changed my address in PAYPAL it never changed for my access card, as they are apparently different companies. Then I rang and she enlightened me to this and said that she could cancel the card and send a new one out. She then (imediatelty) said the cost for a new card is £4.95 (or whatever) so I said "it's OK I can pop round the other address and pick it up from there" but she already deactivated it and that I had to spend the money for a new one. All within 10 seconds. Never asked it I wanted or needed it cancelling. 

I will not be doing that and now just keep emptying my paypal daily to my regular bank account from now. 

Terrible.

Login to Me Too

keltyk1
Contributor
Contributor

My experience.  Your card expires, 1st thing you do is call customer service line .  There is no notification from Paypal about renewing.  No online renewal option.    If you don't call them, nothing happens, you will not recieve a replacement.   When you get through, ask to make sure you've reached  the right dept or you could get passed around, give your details, then find you're at the wrong dept and have to redial a different number.   When you reach the right dept.  they'll tell you a card will be sent automatically when it expires.     After a few days, no card, so call them back.   They might say there's been a glitch and 'for some unknown reason' card has not been sent.    They will bump it through, right away, explaining there's no charge for that- and then say it takes 8-10 days.    If I were you, I would call back next day to make sure it really has been 'bumped through'- and the next day and the next just in case. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.